Guide to Dgroups Basics
1. Logging in to your groups
- If you are already receiving dgroups.io messages by email, this means you already have an account and are subscribed to one or more dgroups.io groups.
- Go to dgroups.io and click on the Log In link in the upper right corner:
- Enter your email and password
- Visit any dgroups.io (or any dgroups.io groups you belong to)
- You can participate in dgroups.io groups just by using your email.
● By default, you receive a new email message every time a group member posts to the group.
● The message from a dgroups.io groups will have the group name in square brackets in the subject line, to easily identify the group the message comes from
● The sender of the email will be the group email address
● When you reply to a dgroups.io message in your email, by default the reply will go to the group - and not to the sender.
● Usually, dgroups.io groups are moderated - so replies and new messages will be circulated after a moderator has approved them.
Via the group online
When you are logged in onto dgroups.io groups, you can read and reply to messages from your groups online space:
● Log in to your dgroups.io group online and visit the Messages page.
● Click on the message title to open the conversation - messages will be displayed in reverse chronological order, with the most recent on top.
● At the bottom of each message, you have Reply button
4. Viewing dgroups.io groups you are a member of
● To view all dgroups.io groups you are a member of, you need to log in on the dgroups.io website as explained above.
● Once you are logged in, you see the Your Groups button on the top of the screen.
● Click on the button to display the list of groups you belong to.
● Click on the name of the group you want to view
5. Joining other dgroups.io groups
Besides the groups you already are a member of, there may be other groups that have been created and are of interest to you.
● Go go the list of dgroups.io subgroups from the dgroups.io homepage - or following the link https://dgroups.io/g/dgroups/subgroups.
● The list groups that you can join is displayed.
● Click on the group name; the group homepage will open.
● At the bottom of the page, click to apply for membership. Your request will have to be approved by the group moderator(s).
● Note: in some cases, groups are open so you will be able to join directly without having to be approved by a moderator.
Detailed how-to guides
Editing your account and preferences
● Go to dgroups.io (or any dgroups.io groups you belong to)
● In the upper right corner, click on your name and the on Account
Your account page displays these options:
○ To change your email address and your password; to add Email aliases.
● Preferences for YOUR account
○ Time zone, date format, editor preference on the website, receiving your own posts by email
○ To set up 2-factor authentication
○ Your profile. See details below.
● Other Services
○ oauth logins, if any
● Recent Bounces
○ To view history of recent messages that may have bounced.
Editing your profile (Identity)
● On the Account >> Identity page, you can set up and edit your dgroups.io profile.
● You can edit your overall Account Profile and the profile for each group you belong to.
● To edit your Account or Group profiles, click on the relevant Edit button
● You will then be able to:
○ Add a picture
○ Set your user and display name
○ Set your profile privacy (Who can see your profile information)
○ Add your bio, location, and website
Note: if you do not set up individual profiles for the groups you belong to, information from your Account Profile will be used for each of the groups you belong to.
Changing your subscription options
You have several options to control how much email to receive from your dgroups.io To change your subscription, go the Subscription page of the various groups you belong to.
From this page, you can access the following subscription options:
● Email delivery - options control how you wish to receive group emails
● Signature - to apply a group-specific signature line to messages you post.
● Advanced preferences - options to filter the message posts that you will receive
To know more about email delivery, signature, and advanced options, click here.
Muting and following topics
You can limit the number of group message postings sent to your email. There are two options for this:
● Receive messages in all topics except those you mute.
● Only receive messages in those topics that you follow.
To know more about muting and following, click here
Using ogroup web features
When logging in to your dgroups.io groups online, you’ll also have access to the additional web features.
These features will only display if they have been enabled by the group manager/owner.
Group members ability to create new content using the web features vs to view content created by group moderators will also depend on the individual group settings.
● Directory and members list
● Calendar and RSVP